Push notifications are an important feature that allow for instant communication between a driver and either a dispatcher or passenger. Push notifications provide:
• Alerts for ride updates
• Live updating ride information in the app
• History of past alerts and messages
To receive push notifications, the driver must enable permissions on their device to receive them. After first opening the app, a driver using the EverTransit Driver app for iOS will receive the following prompt:
EverTransit Driver for iOS
If a driver is not receiving push notifications on the iOS app, please try one of the following:
- Go to the device's settings and ensure that push notifications are enabled. Open the "Settings" app, and select "Notifications". Then, scroll to where you see EverTransit, and select it. You will see the following screen, and please be sure that all options are selected as indicated below:
2. If push notifications issues persist, please log out and log back in.
3. If push notifications still persist, please delete the app and reinstall from the App Store.